Click the logos to find out more about the components we use
Cathdrale Saint-Jean-Baptiste de Lyon
Begun in the twelfth century on the ruins of a 6th-century church, it was completed in 1476. The building is 80 meters long (internally), 20 meters wide at the choir, and 32.5 meters high in the nave. The cathedral organ was built by Daublaine and Callinet and was installed in 1841 at the end of the apse and had 15 stops. It was rebuilt in 1875 by Merklin-Schtze and given 30 stops, three keyboards of 54 notes and pedals for 27.
Noteworthy are the two crosses to right and left of the altar, preserved since the council of 1274 as a symbol of the union of the churches, and the Bourbon chapel, built by the Cardinal de Bourbon and his brother Pierre de Bourbon, son-in-law of Louis XI, a masterpiece of 15th century sculpture.
The cathedral also has the Lyon Astronomical Clock from the 14th century.
Until the construction of the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvire, it was the pre-eminent church in Lyon..